[extropy-chat] Famous author exposes self in public!

Charlie Stross charlie at antipope.org
Wed Jun 8 19:29:09 UTC 2005

Hopefully (for reasons that will be obvious once you visit the site)
this isn't a 100% commercial and unwelcome announcement ...

I've just opened www.accelerando.org. This is the official website of
the SF novel about the Singularity that's due out on July 1st. Various
members of this list have contributed over the past five years while
I've been writing it, and membership of the ancestral version of this
list (from 1991 onwards) was instrumental in making me write it, so I
figure it may  be of interest to some of you.

(For those who haven't heard of it: "Accelerando" is a fix-up of the
series of stories that ran in Asimov's SF over the past few years. Four
Hugo nominations, one Nebula nomination, two BSFA, two Sturgeon, and a
Seiun award nomination later,  it's ready for prime time. And the
entire text of the novel will be available for download under a
[restrictive] CC license just as soon as I finish knocking it into
shape.)

-- Charlie