[extropy-chat] Famous author self destructs inpublic!Filmateleven.

Ken Kittlitz ken at javien.com
Thu Jun 9 02:20:53 UTC 2005

At 06:42 PM 6/8/2005 +0100, Charlie Stross wrote:

>On 8 Jun 2005, at 12:41, Brett Paatsch wrote:
>
>>We have run into each other on the net before. It was on this list. I
>>remembered you favourably as the person that had once ran a version
>>of a prediction market at the Foresight Institute. I think you said it was
>>closed down when a new director wasn't sure how to account for it.
>
>:-)
>
>You mis-remember me then, because I have *never* had anything to do with
>the Foresight Institute *or* prediction markets.

Myself, Chris Hibbert and Robin Hanson ran a prediction market for the
Foresight Institute from 1999 to 2002 or thereabouts.  We all post to this
list from time to time (Chris and Robin more often than I), so Brett was
probably thinking of one of us.

As far as I know, none of us is, or has ever been, Charlie Stross. ;-)

---
Ken Kittlitz          http://www.javien.com