[extropy-chat] CHINA: Threat proponents not chicken littles...

The Avantguardian avantguardian2020 at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 9 19:05:17 UTC 2005

--- Adrian Tymes <wingcat at pacbell.net> wrote:

> One branch of gov't helped them, and forgot to tell
> the other branch.
> Said other branch was then surprised.
>
> Problem is, the government is not one big monolithic
> entity.  It is
> comprised of many, many different - some mutually
> hostile - entities.

Yup. The way this country (USA) is so rabidly
polarized politically worries me greatly. The fact
that this ultra-partisanship seems to be permitted and
perhaps even fostered by our leaders tells me that
they are unwise. It seems to indicate the existense of
an invisible enemy either foreign or domestic that are
succeeding in dividing and conquering us. Either that
or we are dividing ourselves over trivial (compared to
the economic well-being of our great
nation-state)issues like gays and abortion and
inviting some external force to conquer us.
      Either way, our leaders are being stupid.

> --- Samantha Atkins <sjatkins at mac.com> wrote:

>>  IMHO, the
> > only "surprise" is that they may be a bit harder
> to keep under our
> > thumb than anticipated.

No doubt. Especially since the report doesn't even
hint that our intelligence agencies have a clue about
the Chinese dollar-bomb. Why is the blogo-sphere more
"with-it" than the NSA and CIA? Are they spending too
much time spying on Americans rather than performing
their chartered duties? Stupid. Stupid.

http://www.washtimes.com/national/20050609-120336-4092r.htm

> > > Analysts missed Chinese buildup
> > >

> > > By Bill Gertz
> > > THE WASHINGTON TIMES
> > >

> > > A highly classified intelligence report produced
> for the new
> > director
> > > of national intelligence concludes that U.S. spy
> agencies failed to
> > > recognize several key military developments in
> China in the past
> > > decade, The Washington Times has learned.

The Chinese wrote the "Art of War". They are employing
formlessness against us, while we scream our military
secrets and internal dissent to the world on the 6
o'clock news.

The Avantguardian
is
Stuart LaForge
alt email: stuart"AT"ucla.edu

"The surest sign of intelligent life in the universe is that they haven't attempted to contact us."
-Bill Watterson