[extropy-chat] PHREAK OIL: Saudi says they have more than we need...

Mike Lorrey mlorrey at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 10 15:50:07 UTC 2005

--- The Avantguardian <avantguardian2020 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> --- Mike Lorrey <mlorrey at yahoo.com> wrote:
>

> http://apnews.myway.com/article/20050609/D8AJUUQ82.html
> > Top Saudi Says Kingdom Has Plenty of Oil
> >
> > Jun 9, 3:27 AM (ET)
> >
> > By ANNE GEARAN
> >

> > WASHINGTON (AP) - Saudi Arabia has plenty of oil -
> > more than the world
> > is likely to need - along with an increasing ability
> > to refine crude
> > oil into gasoline and other products before selling
> > it overseas, a top
> > Saudi official says.
>
> If this is true, then Iraq was a COMPLETE waste of
> money and lives. Especially since Iraq's democratic
> training wheels are being lubricated with American
> blood. Unless of course you are Dick Cheney, in which
> case you won the lotto. I think I would refuse that
> man life-extension technologies, if I had them to
> give. The world is better off without him.

Actually, Cheney was against the sanctions and wanted them ended. It
allegedly took a while for the neocons to bring him around to their
view. If you are going to play voodoo doll games, save it for Perle,
Wolfowitz, and that gang.

As for Iraq: we have free elections in Lebanon, Syria is learning to
behave itself, all the palestinian factions are in agreement about a
truce with Israel, Egypt is preparing for nationwide multi-party
elections, oh, and as for Iraq, two of the main Sunni insurgent groups
are now in discussions to come into government.

Not a single member of the US military is a draftee, they knew the
risks when they signed up, and obviously thought the rewards were greater.

Mike Lorrey
                                      -William Pitt (1759-1806)
Blog: http://intlib.blogspot.com