[extropy-chat] book review: Radical Evolution

Adrian Tymes wingcat at pacbell.net
Sun Jun 12 15:14:50 UTC 2005

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2005/06/09/AR2005060901546.html

>From the description of Prevail, it looks like a Singularity driven by
current human desires - and thus probably an "outcome" that would be a
step along the path.  No hard AI so the AIs that exist are uploads, or
at least IA-assisted humans (at first)?  Yes, more and tighter social
bonds could easily be among the early results of that.  After that is
the realm that we tend to speculate about; the point is that the
scenarios are far from incompatible.