[extropy-chat] Wetware vs. Hardware (was IQ vs Upload)

Marc Geddes marc_geddes at yahoo.co.nz
Thu Jun 16 04:19:15 UTC 2005

>I trust Eleizer, Eugen, Marc, and those guys to
>figure out A.I.

>Marc?!

<explosive coughing fit>

If it's me being discussed here I have to concede that Damian is right.  If the world has to rely on me we're fucked ;)  I gave the FAI problem a go as a hobby and crashed hopelessly against the problem for a couple of years, speaking mostly gibberish.  Actually, I was trying for a 'theory of everything'.  After a couple of years of gibberish I have finally managed to get to my 'theory of everything' to the point where I have an intuitive set of ideas that are at least comprehensible.  Now I just need to somehow  massively boost my IQ and hit the books for another ten years.... *sigh*

I can tell you all that there are definitely 7 universal 'categories of cognition' (or knowledge domains):  Mathematics, Matter, Mentality, Meaning, Model, Morality and Mind.  And there's some sort of highly esoteric mathematical mapping between them which is the key to everything.  Beyond that... *sigh*

Those who are interested can check out my rough diagram here which is a sort of 'periodic table of cognition'.  Best I've managed so far...

http://www.sl4.org/wiki/MarcGeddes/UniversalDataTypes

---

THE BRAIN is wider than the sky,
  For, put them side by side,