[extropy-chat] Death

spike spike66 at comcast.net
Thu Jun 16 23:30:42 UTC 2005

> bounces at lists.extropy.org] On Behalf Of The Avantguardian
>
> ... I was asleep when my uncle from 2
> states away appeared in my room and jokingly told me
> he had died... Later that morning I got a phone
> call from his grand-daughter who told me that he had
> either accidently or purposely removed his oxygen mask
> the night before and died as a result of it. I can't
> explain this...
>
> The Avantguardian

Avant, I will offer two explanations, from which you are to
choose your favorite.

1.  Some supernatural or poorly understood force or phenomenon,
such as angels, demons, god, evolution, ESP, etc, sent you the
information of your uncle's passing as you slept, thus causing
the dream.

2.  Since your uncle was older (had a grand-daughter) and was
very sick (sleeping with an oxygen mask), your very conscious
mind knew he was playing out the endgame of life, thus causing
the dream.