[extropy-chat] RE: Iraq and legality again

spike spike66 at comcast.net
Wed Jun 22 06:07:40 UTC 2005

> bounces at lists.extropy.org] On Behalf Of Brett Paatsch
> I do understand what Spike means when he asks "are we not on the eve of
> construction?" with respect to Iraq.
> Regards, Brett Paatsch

Thanks Brett, ja I am a super-optimist on the Arab world.
That whole blue finger thing wasn't just Hollywood, those
people risked their asses to vote.  I am proud of them, I
really am.  They showed the spirit of courage and
determination, to go out in the face of death threats by the
islamofacists.  The genie of democracy will not be stuffed
back into the bottle.  Rather it will spread across the
land like a giant wave.

My vision of the next couple decades in Iraq and the Arab
world sees an ever growing percentage of the population
deciding, as did Europe, that they really do not need
religion in their lives.  As in Europe and to some degree
the U.S. we will see mosques more and more empty, and
the people there wanting more and more to be part of
the larger secular world.  They will want to make money
and have a better life, not fighting a hopeless jihad
against the whole world.

For most of this we have to thank the internet.  Thru
better communications, the arab world gets a view of
how the rest of us are.  They want all that too!  Look to
China and India, how they are overcoming their problems,
much more quickly than I ever expected.  The Muslim
world will follow in their footsteps methinks.

Note that I am not predicting a soon end to the suicide
bombings.  In fact it would not surprise me that much
of the Arab world will eventually suffer nasty civil
wars, in which skerjillions will perish.  But eventually
the good guys will win, for they are those which have
a better grip on key technologies.

Truly we are on the eve of construction.