[extropy-chat] smaller govt.

John K Clark jonkc at att.net
Fri Jun 24 21:51:22 UTC 2005

CC wrote:
  > A good place to start pruning govt. spending is in the Defense sector.

  I certainly want smaller government, much much much smaller, zero would be perfect, but pruning the Defense sector is the very last place I'd look to achieve that goal. The reason I say this is because generating an army is the most difficult challenge facing radical libertarian free marketers like me. I am certainly not saying it's imposable, but it is difficult, I expect it will be the very last government function to be replaced by the more efficient market; so don't be so anxious to dump the Defense department just yet, there is a huge amount of government junk and gunk and nonsense that deserves oblivion before defense.

  John K Clark