[extropy-chat] Re: Iraq and legality again

The Avantguardian avantguardian2020 at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 28 01:22:13 UTC 2005

--- Dirk Bruere <dirk at neopax.com> wrote:

> March 27, 2005
> "Speaking to CNN’s Wolf Blitzer in Mosul, Iraq, Army
> Gen. John Abizaid,
> commander of U.S. Central Command, said most of the
> insurgents in the
> country are Iraqis,"
>
> So, where are you getting your 'facts'? Fox news?
> Here's a challenge for you - give us the official %
> of foreign fighters
> in the Iraqi resistance according to prominent US
> sources eg political,
> military etc

Of course it would be. Do you think that Al-Quaeda is
going to try to smuggle in enough men to actually
fight a war? No, they are the officers and the
instructors and they're probably only a few dozen of
them but they come from all over the region. The rest
of them are patsies. Young Iraqis with their whole
lives ahead of them, talked and drugged into injecting
themselves with adrenaline and throwing themselves at
machine gun nests with bombs strapped to their chests.

     These young men come from the poorest of families
and are lied to every step of the way. From the moment
when some interesting stranger invites him to a feast
with wine, drugs, and dancing girls. To the speeches
about all the fire and brimstone that the infidels
from the Great Satan of the West must suffer for
having defiled the youth's homeland with their foul
presence. To the moment he straps on the bomb
believing himself soon to be in Paradise. A Paradise
where the wine will be even finer than the wine at the
feast and the dancing girls will be houris. Beautiful
angelic virgins whose sole (soul?) purpose in the
after-life is to pleasure the warriors that were brave
enough to martyr themselves for the cause of Islam.
     It is these recruiters and leiutenants that the
military must nab to break the resistance. The rest
would just as easily surrender for a hot meal.
Damn. I almost wish I was on the ground there.

The Avantguardian
is
Stuart LaForge
alt email: stuart"AT"ucla.edu

"The surest sign of intelligent life in the universe is that they haven't attempted to contact us."
-Bill Watterson