[extropy-chat] Re: Meta: Too far

Damien Broderick thespike at satx.rr.com
Wed Jun 29 15:51:30 UTC 2005

At 01:45 AM 6/29/2005 -0700, Stuart wrote:

> > And if a man like
> > Stuart LaForge
> > elaborates on the kindness (sic!) of US soldiers on
> > battlefields all over
> > the world, everything else he might contribute to
> > this list, is in my
> > opinion reduced to a pile of shit. Period.
>
>      Well unlike you, I know what I am talking about
>because I was once one of those U.S. soldiers.
>Eighteen years old and clueless. Wanting to make
>something out of my life and uncertain as to what to
>do. So I signed up to see the world. I was part of the
>force that invaded Panama to oust Noriega and I don't
>remember you guys getting all in a huff about that.

Oh? Try: "The Panama Deception"

"This film shows how the U.S. attacked Panama and killed 3 or 4 thousand
people in an invasion that the rest of the world was against.  (Sound
familiar?) It won the Academy Award for best documentary."

Not exactly hiding its light under a Bush-ell.

True, 3/4000 people is not in the ballpark with Iraq.

>And the reason that the administration gave for that
>one was not WMD or terrorism but simply drugs. Even as
>an 18 year old, I knew that was bullshit but I went
>any way to do what I saw was my honor bound duty.

It was obviously bullshit but you were honor-bound? This is a strange argument.

Damien Broderick