The Oath of Enlistment was Re: [extropy-chat] Re: Meta: Too far

Brett Paatsch bpaatsch at bigpond.net.au
Thu Jun 30 05:42:57 UTC 2005

Sorry :-)

I can deconstuct that for you by reading from the right and using the Re:s
as place holders.

I had posted a post headed "Meta: Too far Re: [extropy-chat] Re: Iraq and
legality again".
The discussion had been about "Iraq and legality" which this list has
discussed before, going
right back to before the invasion of Iraq in fact.

I meta'ed a post that I thought, rightly or not, was not really about "Iraq
and legality again"
but was an attack on two posters.

This Meta'ing, wise or otherwise by me, caused interest, and people joined
the
discussion that before hand had not been in it.

Damien then pruned the subject header to "Re: Meta: Too far " dropping the
rest of the
header but leaving my miss spelling of too.

The list reply process adds "Re: [extropy-chat]" to the front of anything,
so we got
"Re: [extropy-chat] Re: Meta: Too far".

Because I have been following all of the conversation including the
diversions I
can actually make sense of the header and did want to retain something of
its
history because others like me may be able to read it and get meaning from
it.

I pit the words "The Oath of Enlistment was" at the front of what to me was
and still is meaningful.

I don't mind if someone else prunes it, or leaves it, I will be able to find
it
if I want to anyway.

Hope the above clarifies, if clarification, was necessary.

I think it was Einstein that said things should be as simple as possible but
no simpler.

Brett Paatsch