[extropy-chat] DESIGN: WTC New Architecture

J. Andrew Rogers andrew at ceruleansystems.com
Thu Jun 30 07:10:33 UTC 2005

Avantguardian wrote:
> A bigger missile is the wrong solution anyways.

Of course.  I was addressing the question at hand, not endorsing a solution.

> The best solution is not let the jet get hijacked
> in the first place. Since a high percentage of
> commercial pilots are ex-military any way, they
> should just require commercial airline pilots be
> in the reserves or national guard to stay in shape
> and issue them weapons permits.

I'm sorry, but that makes too much sense.

Seriously though, that would solve 95% of the problems.  Give the pilots
(many of whom really are ex-military) and crew guns and training and
authorize them to do whatever they feel is required to save the plane.
Problem solved without having a million mouth-breathers working for the
TSA and accomplishing nothing.  Let machines scan for explosives, and
let the flight crew scan for assholes.  Problem solved at very little cost.

j. andrew rogers