[extropy-chat] Atheism in Decline

Mike Lorrey mlorrey at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 4 12:48:58 UTC 2005

--- "kevinfreels.com" <kevin at kevinfreels.com> wrote:>
> Religion changes over time. Which religion would be the easiest to
> change to something more transhumanistic? Or would it be better to
> create a new religion? What would it take to do that? Can a set of
> beliefs be created that can meld any partivular religion into
> something more extropian?

Despite the allergies of some here, xianity is pretty good, though it
needs a makeover and a rewriting of its book. "We are ALL simmers,
amen."

> I know that religion is contrary to rational thinking, but I don't
> think that getting rid of religion is an option. I'd be interested in
> everyone's opinion in this matter.

I wouldn't say that. Descartes literally created modern skepticism but
still was able to rationalize the existence of god from the ground up.

Mike Lorrey
                                      -William Pitt (1759-1806)
Blog: http://intlib.blogspot.com