[extropy-chat] Faculty X

Dirk Bruere dirk at neopax.com
Fri Mar 4 14:02:45 UTC 2005

Samantha Atkins wrote:

> Yep.  The notion that atheists are missing some faculty is pretty
> lame.  Personally I am by nature contemplative and mystical AND
> logical and rational.  I deeply appreciate things on the religious
> side.  I have had to learn to consciously chose my stance from all
> these aspects.  I possess more of "faculty x" than many who are active
> adherents of some religion or other.

That may be true, but I'm just using 'atheist' for a catchall to
describe those who lack any tendency to the mystical or any hint of the
experience itself.
And religion is wider than simply a belief in a JudeoXian god with all
the attached baggage.
I often describe myself as an atheist, but that's only because my belief
in the Gods I follow does not fit into the JC belief framework of
black/white real/unreal. There are degrees of reality and types of reality.

--
Dirk

The Consensus:-
http://www.theconsensus.org