[extropy-chat] Atheism in Decline

Olga Bourlin fauxever at sprynet.com
Sun Mar 6 17:32:12 UTC 2005

> On Sunday, March 06, 2005 10:02 AM Mike Lorrey mlorrey at yahoo.com wrote:
> I suppose it was too much to expect a bunch
> of orthodox atheists to cease being intolerant
> for a day.

It is religious institutions - for the most part - that have perfected
intolerance to an art form.  If you can find a copy somewhere - Forrest
Wood's book "The Arrogance of Faith: Christianity and Race in America from
the Colonial Era to the Twentieth Century" is a good more recent historical
primer on the subject.

My own intolerance is against intolerance, and I revel in it.  I support
freedom of religion - as well as freedom from religion (i.e., the
pluralistic society we now have, but are in constant danger of losing).

Olga