[extropy-chat] Recommendations for cognitive enhancement drugs?

Natasha Vita-More natasha at natasha.cc
Mon Mar 7 13:04:37 UTC 2005

Someone here will be able to provide the drug enhancement information for
you, but I'm not good at it.

This is what I do:

Exercise to get the blood going and wake up the mind
Enough sleep because sleep deprivation causes lack of attention span,
Daily short meditations to still the mind for better focus
Practice, practice, practice
Organize your study area to eliminate clutter
Separate yourself from any external tensions that would disrupt your focus
on homework

Best of luck with your studies,
Natasha

At 07:34 PM 3/6/2005, you wrote:
>Does anybody have any recommendations regarding drugs, nutritional
>supplements, and other methods for cognitive/concentration
>enhancement? Have any of you tried such items or know people who tried
>them? I'm particularly interested in how effective they are, their
>cost-effectiveness, and any side effects.
>
>I've already come across resources like the Cognitive Enhancement
>Research Institute (http://www.ceri.com/), but I'm interested in
>personal thoughts and experiences.
>
>A slashdot story I submitted on the topic some time ago:
>http://science.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=04/12/20/2352239&tid=191&tid=14
>
>I'm going to spend the next few months studying for grad school quals,
>and I need all the help I can get. :)
>
>-- Neil Halelamien

Natasha Vita-More
http://www.natasha.cc