[extropy-chat] A nonZen story (was: A Zen Garden)

Mike Lorrey mlorrey at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 11 19:58:03 UTC 2005

--- Amara Graps <amara at amara.com> wrote:
> In some sense since January 17, I experienced a collusion of the
> worst
> parts of United States Postal Service, Poste Italiane, CNR (Italian
> research) science funding, and more ... well you decide.

Don't feel alone. The company I work for has consistently been dealing
with 3rd world levels of service with our regular USPS shipments.
Overnight packages everywhere taking 3-8 days to arrive. On time
arrivals being the exception rather than the rule. I have on my desk an
express envelope of paychecks which the post office never scanned into
the system until they showed up at my local post office (the package
was coming from our HQ in florida) and the package appeared as if
someone had used it as a cushion for a week.

We've had packages disappear entirely, show up way late and damaged, or
merely so late that the time-sensitive legal documents we ship lost
relevancy and we had to restart the process. I have never been more in
favor of the total privatization of the postal service as I am now.

Mike Lorrey
                                      -William Pitt (1759-1806)
Blog: http://intlib.blogspot.com