[extropy-chat] Thinking is doing with Cyborg Technology

Joseph Bloch jbloch at humanenhancement.com
Tue Mar 15 01:28:43 UTC 2005

Unfortunately, the segment is only available as an audio file; I don't
see a full transcript on the website. I heard it this morning, and
remember that it was absolutely fascinating (paralyzed guy controls a
computer cursor with brainwaves; they want to hook it up to a robotic
arm next), but naturally it ended with the usual vague-but-ominous
"there are places mankind was not meant to tread" crap.

Joseph

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=4533546

"Scientists make it possible for quadriplegics to control a television,
play simple computer games and check e-mail... by just thinking about
it. Commentator David Ewing Duncan contemplates the age of the
neuro-cyborg."