[extropy-chat] USA - No Science, No space travel, No money ........

John K Clark jonkc at att.net
Tue Mar 15 16:59:00 UTC 2005

"Mike Lorrey" <mlorrey at yahoo.com>

> While this concept has in the past been
> disparaged as solely due to 'ion wind',
> the following paper disproves this argument:
>  http://www.geocities.com/ekpworld/doc/EKP_satellite_maneuvering.doc

I confess I have not read this, partly because I have better things to do
but mostly because I did not wish to download a windows doc file from
somebody's personal web site who I know nothing about except that they are
almost certainly a crackpot. I could be wrong of course, perhaps in a few
years we'll all be taking weekend trips to Uranus in our handy dandy Honda
unidirectional spaceship and I'll be proven to be a fool, but I'm willing to
take that chance.

> THis is the real reason this list has gone mundane

If this list has gone mundane it is because too many naively think a ASCII
sequence or a doc file some unknown bozo uploads to his blog can prove or
disprove
any physical concept; only an experiment repeated by someone you know and
respect can do that.

  John K Clark     jonkc at att.net