[extropy-chat] unidirectional thrust

Mike Lorrey mlorrey at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 16 00:14:29 UTC 2005

--- Hal Finney <hal at finney.org> wrote:.

> What about the disagreement?  I cast my lot with science, but what
> about the fact that Mike continues to advocate unconventional
> physics?

The disagreement is not what you think it is, is the problem. I don't
believe in 'unconventional physics', I believe this thruster technology
completely and totally obeys Mach's Principle and the work of Lorentz
and Maxwell. I do not claim, nor do I believe, that this technology
violates conservation of momentum or energy. It is not an over-unity
device. It consumes energy, and at some percent of efficiency south of
100%, it does work with that energy via a field effect upon the mass of
the universe with no violation of conservation of momentum. It pushes
or pulls one way, the universe goes the other.

I believe that those who think that I think otherwise are the ones who
are crazy, because their believes clearly contradict my real beliefs as
well as my own statements.

I also believe that most people who are trained in newtonian mechanics,
then relativity, generally only learn this physics of material objects
and don't really GET physics of fields. I mean, a field is.... a
field.... it isn't matter, or photons, or whatever, its just.... there.
It isn't electromagnetic energy, it is electrostatic energy. People
confuse the two and think they are the same when they are not. If you
look at the MKS equations for the permittivity and permeability of free
space, you'll see there are newtons in there to be gotten...
http://scienceworld.wolfram.com/physics/LorentzInvariant.html

In the charge equation, you have p, the charge density. This is where
it gets interesting, because we are talking about asymmetrically shaped
capacitors, ergo they have different charge densities on opposite sides
of the capacitor. The Lorentz invariant assumes that the charge density
remains the same in all dimensions, such as a symmetrical capacitor.
This isn't the case with the sort of device we are discussing.

Mike Lorrey
                                      -William Pitt (1759-1806)
Blog: http://intlib.blogspot.com