[extropy-chat] unidirectional thrust

Mike Lorrey mlorrey at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 16 15:11:03 UTC 2005

--- Keith Henson <hkhenson at rogers.com> wrote:
> Mind you, I *wish* such a thing existed and would be delighted if it
> did.  But energy to thrust doesn't work--another way to put it is
> "wrong units."

The problem is he is doing newtonian math on a problem that is properly
solved using Lorentz equations, so of COURSE he is going to get an
absurd answer. This is one more case of a person using, as I said
before, 100% newtonian thinking in a problem which such thought is
entirely inapplicable to.

Mike Lorrey
                                      -William Pitt (1759-1806)
Blog: http://intlib.blogspot.com