[extropy-chat] unidirectional thrust

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Wed Mar 16 23:36:28 UTC 2005

On Wed, 16 Mar 2005 21:20:15 +0000, Dirk Bruere wrote:
> Ah... the ad hominem.
> I think that signals the close of the discussion.

I thought this subject closed in 2002 when NASA ceased funding this
research after no useful results were obtained.

<http://www.lerc.nasa.gov/WWW/bpp/>

NASA supported the Breakthrough Propulsion Physics Project from
1996-2002 to seek the ultimate breakthroughs in space transportation:
The Breakthrough Propulsion Physics Project is managed by Marc Millis
of the Glenn Research Center (GRC), and was sponsored by the  Advanced
Space Transportation Program (ASTP), managed by NASA Marshall Space
Flight Center, Huntsville, AL.   In the Summer of 2002, both the
Breakthrough Propulsion Physics Project and the Revolutionary
Propulsion Research Project, that were part of ASTP's "Revolutionary
Research Investment Area," were removed from the ASTP.
It is not certain if or when funding for such research will resume.

BillK