[extropy-chat] Re: Athiesm in decline

Emlyn emlynoregan at gmail.com
Thu Mar 17 02:03:33 UTC 2005

I don't know what Dirk has in mind specifically, but here's a
good/funny site about categorizing religions...

http://www.galactic-guide.com/articles/2R10.html

Extropians would be categorised as 04T-3A1C, Transhumanists as
04S-1B1C. Note that I've used the Atheist's category for afterlife "no
one goes anywhere", but there probably needs to be another entry
instead for "no one dies, but if they do then they go nowhere". Also,
both groups truly meet online I reckon.

Not that I think Extropy or Transhumanism are religions ;-)

Emlyn

On Wed, 16 Mar 2005 19:44:46 -0500, Joseph Bloch
<jbloch at humanenhancement.com> wrote:
> Dirk Bruere wrote:
>
> > Well, I'd say that Transhumanism in itself could well become a
> > religion. It has all the features of one.
> >

> Can you expand on this? What sort of features do Transhumanism and
> religion have in common?
>
> Not saying I disagree... just interested in hearing your take.
>
> Joseph
>
> Enhance your body "beyond well" and your mind "beyond normal":
> http://www.humanenhancement.com
>
> New Jersey Transhumanist Association:
> http://www.goldenfuture.net/njta

Emlyn