[extropy-chat] forgive my pedantry, Mike

Mike Lorrey mlorrey at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 18 14:17:42 UTC 2005

There is no ill intent on the part of the smoker. The role of the
parents is obviously a case of depraved indifference, no different than
a pregnant mother drinking, smoking, or getting high, as parents seek
their own personal enjoyment at the expense of their kids. How
significant an hour of second hand smoke impacts a kid is another
question entirely.

--- Al Brooks <kerry_prez at yahoo.com> wrote:
> ...but are you conceding that exposing anyone, whether they be one or
> one hundred, to tobacco smoke could be considered any sort of a
> crime?
>  'Crime' is a pretty strong word to describe tobacco smoke being in a
> helpless person's immediate environment without ill-intent being
> involved..
>
> Mike Lorrey <mlorrey at yahoo.com> wrote:
> If parents are so abusive as to bring their kids into a smoke filled
> restaurant, the crime is theirs, not the proprietors.

Mike Lorrey
                                      -William Pitt (1759-1806)
Blog: http://intlib.blogspot.com