[extropy-chat] Engineered Religion (was Atheism in decline)

Joseph Bloch jbloch at humanenhancement.com
Sun Mar 20 00:36:37 UTC 2005

Samantha Atkins wrote:

> On Mar 18, 2005, at 3:03 PM, john-c-wright at sff.net wrote:
>
> No religion I know of, engineered or not,  has stayed under the
> control of its founder or true to its initial vision.  Most of the
> non-founders, especially after a generation or two, seem to enshroud,
> mummify and dogmatize the form and lose touch with or never really
> fully grasp the essence.  over time the layers of form even make the
> essence much more difficult to obtain.

I don't have any first-hand knowledge of it, but wouldn't Scientology
fall into this category? How has it strayed from L. Mother Hubbard's
original vision?

Joseph

Enhance your body "beyond well" and your mind "beyond normal":
http://www.humanenhancement.com

New Jersey Transhumanist Association:
http://www.goldenfuture.net/njta