[extropy-chat] The Vatican on Schiavo

Mike Lorrey mlorrey at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 22 14:15:32 UTC 2005

--- Giu1i0 Pri5c0 <pgptag at gmail.com> wrote:
> >From the Vatican's newspaper, on Terri Schavo:
> "la Chiesa cattolica condanna in modo assoluto perché viola il valore
> fondamentale della vita umana della persona che nasce con noi e
> appartiene alla stessa natura di esseri umani viventi. Nessuno può
> arrogarsi il diritto della morte di una persona innocente"
> Translated: "The Chatolic Church absolutely condemns this [switching
> off life support equipment], as it is against the fundamental value
> of
> the human life of a person who is born with us and belongs to the
> same
> kind of living human beings. Nobody can assume the right to put an
> innocent persons to death".
> Question to the Catholic Church: How many innocent persons have you
> put to death with the inquisition?

Not to mention that the media is totally misportraying this. As much as
I tend to be critical of rense.com, they have some videos of Schiavo
with her parents and she is clearly concious, aware, emotionally
reactive, and was even able to say "Hi". She is not a vegetable, brain
dead, or in a coma despite what her husband's attorneys say. She is
clearly severely handicapped and in need of therapy, which her husband
has denied in order to keep her in as poor condition as possible.

Mike Lorrey
                                      -William Pitt (1759-1806)
Blog: http://intlib.blogspot.com