[extropy-chat] Public Transportation (was suitcase nukes)

Brian Lee brian_a_lee at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 23 17:58:10 UTC 2005

>From: "spike" <spike66 at comcast.net>
>To: "'ExI chat list'" <extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org>
>Subject: RE: [extropy-chat] Public Transportation (was suitcase nukes)
>Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2005 07:57:39 -0800
>
> > bounces at lists.extropy.org] On Behalf Of Brian Lee
> > Subject: Re: [extropy-chat] Public Transportation (was suitcase nukes)
> >
> > ...One of the purposes of tax law is to guide
> > taxpayers towards acts deemed moral or desired by the government...
>
>Ja.  I prefer a system where tax law is used to guide
>governments towards acts deemed moral or desired by the taxpayers.

Yeah, don't we all. But barring a constitutional convention any time soon,
it's not going to be changed so removing tax breaks that create undesired
behavior (like people buying suburbans because they are cheaper than
accords) is a good start.

> > ... of course some people need
> > suburbans because they have tons of kids or live in the mountains or
> > whatever... BAL
> >

>People need suburbans because they hold up better on the
>rough roads that are caused by governments stealing
>road repair funds.
>
>spike

An awd subaru holds up just as well as a suburban. In Atlanta at least, the
roads are fine enough that you could drive a geo without running into any
serious road hazards.

BAL