[extropy-chat] Re: Engineered Religion

ben benboc at lineone.net
Wed Mar 23 21:53:26 UTC 2005

Re: Engineered Religion:

> So, do you regard yourself as completely lacking in a sense of humor
> all the time, or just when your anti-catholic bigotry is showing?
> John's post was pretty funny. Too bad you are too dogmatic to
> appreciate it. Funny that, for an atheist...

Hey, who you calling an atheist?

A humourless, bigoted one, at that.

I refuse to rise to such trollery.

Interesting concept, actually, 'anti-catholic bigotry'.
It /sounds/ like one of those logical conundrums, but maybe it isn't.
Rather like being intolerant of intolerance.
I'm going to have to think about it.

Joseph Bloch:
>I've gotta say, I agree with Mike (it's night here, so I can't tell if
>the sun has stopped in the heavens, but I'm sure I'll know come morning).

I can do miracles!

Pretty good going, for an 'atheist'!

OK, OK, maybe i hadn't had enough caffiene, and if i took a joke from
John C Wright the wrong way, i apologise.

I still think they are good questions, though, even if i didn't put them
very well.

The thing that really does puzzle me is WHY are people so happy to
abdicate responsibility?
I know that people are basically lazy (me especially!), but letting
someone else decide what's right and
wrong for you is just taking things too far. What's the point of even
being alive if you're going to do that?

 From Jeff Medina:

>To Mike & Joseph:

>You might note that Ben's e-mail reply quoted john-c-wright in the
following manner:

>"john-c-wright at sff.net schreibt"

> 'Schreibt' is German, and having it as his default e-mail setting
> indicates English is a second language. So we might want to lighten up
> on his misreading of John's humor. ;)

Nein! nein!

Das ist nicht wahr!

Englisch ist mein first language!

Na, none of this is true. I just like the look of 'schreibt'. See, i
can't even say "first language" in German.

Thanks for the consideration, Jeff, but you can join the others in
savaging my lack of humour and my
rabid atheism if you like. Me speak english plenty ok.

ben