[extropy-chat] Please help finding college for daughter

Dan Clemmensen dgc at cox.net
Thu Mar 24 03:30:09 UTC 2005

Giu1i0 Pri5c0 wrote:

>My 17 yrs old daughter is a very talented but not very focused girl
>(like someone else at the same age, at least she is much more socially
>skilled than I was).
>She speaks fluently English Spanish and Italian (all three at native
>speaker level) plus a couple of other languages less fluently. Her SAT
>score is about 1100, surprisingly since she never studies.
>She is very much into acting, is in a performing school here in Madrid
>and went a few times to acting summer schools in UK and US. She wishes
>to study something suitable for the movie world, like acting,
>film-making, or creative writing.
>I will appreciate all ideas and suggestions.
>Giulio

I do not know if an SAT of 1100 would be acceptable to them, but if it is
you might consider McGill University in Montreal, Quebec, Canada. My
number 2 daughter
attends McGill. McGill is highly regarded, and Montreal is a wonderful
city that
is extremely multicultural. Your daughter's language ability, and the
fact that she is
neither Canadian nor American, might be considered in her favor. In
addition,
McGill is quite inexpensive. Montreal is an absolute hotbed of the
performing arts.
If not McGill, consider Concordia, also in Montreal and perhaps easier
to get into(?)
If her French is good enough, consider UQaM (university of Quebec at
Montreal.)

Is University really necessary for a career in theater? I have no clue.