[extropy-chat] Max More Becomes a Duel Citizen plus a note about passports

Amara Graps amara at amara.com
Thu Mar 24 07:38:06 UTC 2005

Congratulations Max. Second citizenships are very very useful. I use my
Latvian one almost all of the time now. If you don't have your US passport
yet, I suggest to get it as soon as you can. I renewed mine four weeks ago
(I needed two months to find a place in Italy to make the proper
passport photo, at the end, I used a service in London), but I feel
fortunate that I input the application in time because it doesn't have
the RFID embedded. My application didn't travel to  Washington D.C.
however,  it was prepared in Rome.

I don't know when the RFID will become part of the normal passports
(it's in US diplomats' passports now), but I  suggest all who need to renew
their passports to renew it sooner rather than later so you don't have
the RFID 'gift'.

Amara
(Toulouse)
--

Amara Graps, PhD
Istituto di Fisica dello Spazio Interplanetario (IFSI)
Roma, ITALIA     Amara.Graps at ifsi.rm.cnr.it