[extropy-chat] miscellanea

Mike Lorrey mlorrey at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 24 19:03:55 UTC 2005

--- Robin Hanson <rhanson at gmu.edu> wrote:
> On 3/18/2005, scerir wrote:
> >dark energy, no need, just inflation
> >http://www.arxiv.org/abs/hep-th/0503117
>
> That is actually a damn good theory.  We should know in a month or
> two if
> the paper's math is right.  And if it is, I'd bet that it is a more
> likely
> explanation of cosmological acceleration than any other I've seen.

"We show that if the long-wavelength perturbations evolve with time,  a
local observer would infer that our universe is not expanding as a
homogeneous and isotropic FRW matterdominated universe with Hubble rate
H = (2/3)^t−1, where t is cosmic time. On the contrary, the
universe would appear to have an expansion history that depends on the
time evolution of the super-Hubble perturbations. Potentially, this
could lead to an accelerated expansion."

This also satisfies the conditions in the Cravens study which posits a
5-d space and makes BB effect real.

Mike Lorrey
                                      -William Pitt (1759-1806)
Blog: http://intlib.blogspot.com