[extropy-chat] History of the portable computer

MB mbb386 at main.nc.us
Sat Mar 26 02:58:35 UTC 2005

Well greetings to you too, oldtimer! :)))

I studied Cobol, but never (thank god) had to use it. :) This was in
the mid-late 60s. I also studied assembler in school, and was
introduced to machine language which I no longer remember. And wiring
control panels for ... a sorter and a printer, I think...

How about debugging with those octal dumps from the 1108? 8D

We got our first terminal on the hall about the time I left that job.
I never knew what it was for as we were not permitted to touch it!

And I did not mess with another computer until we got an Apple for our
kids.

Regards,
MB