[extropy-chat] sorry, Joe

Mike Lorrey mlorrey at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 26 07:08:49 UTC 2005

--- Al Brooks <kerry_prez at yahoo.com> wrote:
> I shouldn't criticise Bush so much, or his brother Jeb. It's not
> right to second-guess history. Perhaps Jeb will be elected President
> in 2008, and maybe it is well.
> What I resent is those who weren't elected to anything act as if they
> have lawful authority. For instance, Rush Limbaugh speaks over the
> radio airwaves as if he is President, when he wasn't elected to any
> post, Limbaugh was originally hired by a broadcaster. Now Limbaugh
> apparently owns his own broadcasting corporation.

Actually, it was originally daddy's radio station. In this respect, I
tend to cut Rush critics slack, as the guy really hasn't had an honest
job in his life and until his oxy codone episode, really had not
experienced adversity in life. In this he is as much a product of
society as those he despises for whining they are products of society.

I have a lot more respect for a person who busted their butts to come
up out of nowhere and nothing but retained an integrity of their
principles about hard work.

Mike Lorrey
                                      -William Pitt (1759-1806)
Blog: http://intlib.blogspot.com