[extropy-chat] Formulating a bet

Damien Broderick thespike at satx.rr.com
Sun Mar 27 06:30:20 UTC 2005

At 02:21 PM 3/27/2005 +1000, Brett wrote:

>I am surprised that that is how it seems to you Damien.

And that's why it'd be pointless trying to have jurors adjudicate the
question (assuming that question is not "might a vitrified/frozen dead body
be warmed up, healed and awoken?", to which the answer of course is "quite
possibly", but "do I care especially whether a discontinuous copy of me is
constructed in the future after I'm dead?"). Since you remain surprised by
my answer after I've explained my reasoning, why should you accept the
opinion of jurors if I sway them?

Damien Broderick