[extropy-chat] (no subject)

Rafal Smigrodzki rafal at smigrodzki.org
Sun Mar 27 06:33:48 UTC 2005

Quoting Mike Lorrey <mlorrey at yahoo.com>:

> What is empty and baseless is the assertion that Terri is brain dead,
> in a coma, or a vegetable, all characterizations only of her husbands
> lawyers and their hand picked and paid expert medical witnesses (who
> will say whatever you want for the right fee).

### See for example:
http://www.azcentral.com/news/articles/0324brain-damaged-excerpts24-ON.html

Mike, I have the impression you have used some big words ("brain
dead", "coma") without first checking what they mean. Schiavo is not brain dead,
and nobody claimed that. She is not in a coma. If you knew the meaning of these
words, you wouldn't have used them (all you need is one look at the her photo).
As all court-appointed physicians agree, she is in PVS.
----------------------------

> There HAS BEEN NO TESTING of Terri's mental capacity.

### Read :

 http://content.nejm.org/cgi/content/abstract/NEJMp058062v1

This could help you.

A fellow who has
> the technology to test not only her mental capacity but whether she
> wants to live or not is currently under legal consideration, and the
> judge is ticked that nobody told him about this before.

### Tell us more.

Rafal