[extropy-chat] (no subject)

Joseph Bloch jbloch at humanenhancement.com
Mon Mar 28 02:06:30 UTC 2005

Mike Lorrey wrote:

>"In my opinion, there's a significant probability that she would
>improve with hyperbaric oxygen therapy based on what I have seen in the
>CT of the brain, the SPECT scan, and my observation and examination of
>the patient."

Mike, Mike, Mike... you're letting your personal experience cloud your
better judgement here, I fear.

Hyperbaric oxygen therapy, for which your Dr. William Maxfield (whom you
cite as the source of the above quote), is quackery. And people who
endorse and espouse quackery are... well... quacks.

See, for example:

http://www.healthwatcher.net/Quackerywatch/Hyperbaric-O2/

Maxfield's testamony, by the way, was directly contradicted in the same
hearing by Dr. Ronald Cranford, who seems to be somewhat more of a
mainstream physician (not advocating fringe quackery therapies, at
least). See
http://www.naplesnews.com/npdn/cda/article_print/0,1983,NPDN_14910_3648895_ARTICLE-DETAIL-PRINT,00.html

Joseph

Enhance your body "beyond well" and your mind "beyond normal":
http://www.humanenhancement.com
New Jersey Transhumanist Association: http://www.goldenfuture.net/njta
PostHumanity Rising: http://transhumanist.blogspot.com/