[extropy-chat] Re: Formulating a bet

Robin Hanson rhanson at gmu.edu
Mon Mar 28 07:40:46 UTC 2005

At 12:23 AM 3/28/2005, Brett Paatsch wrote:
>Robin, I do follow what you are saying, but I can't help but notice that
>in your choices about what you respond to you are moving us further
>away from a specific bet about cryonics and more towards general
>stuff about betting.  I haven't closed down any avenues towards us
>formulating a specific bet on cryonics, I've been willing to look
>at ways to accommodate your concerns, but the open questions I ask you
>you've so far ignored.

For the reason's I've given, I'm not very interested in working with you to
specify a bet on whether a revived cryonics patient is "really" the same
person.  I am more interested in the general issues about betting.

Assistant Professor of Economics, George Mason University
MSN 1D3, Carow Hall, Fairfax VA 22030-4444
703-993-2326  FAX: 703-993-2323