[extropy-chat] Re: Formulating a bet

Hal Finney hal at finney.org
Mon Mar 28 21:46:36 UTC 2005

What I had in mind, regarding the "substantially the same person" test
for a bet on cryonics success, was something like a modified Turing test.
We would pose questions and get responses from the person both before and
after the suspension.  These could then be randomized and someone who did
not know which were which would try to distinguish the post-suspension
then we'd say that the personality and memories of the suspendee were
substantially intact.

Hal