[extropy-chat] Thoughts on Schiavo

Rafal Smigrodzki rafal at smigrodzki.org
Tue Mar 29 18:13:02 UTC 2005

Quoting spike <spike66 at comcast.net>:

> > >lead scientists to re-examine their theories of fossilization. >
> > >
> > >The answer is obvious: the T-rex, and all the other dinosaurs, were not
> > >70-or-more million years old after all, but only 6000 at most. Praise the
> > >Lord!
> > >
> > >Damien Broderick
>
> Tho Damien's post was mostly in jest, you can be sure
> that creationists were delighted with the find.  For the
> rest of our natural lives, we will hear creationists
> mention this discovery as evidence that dinosaurs were
> recent.

### When I started googling about Mary Schweitzer, I found that her previous
research about finding collagen in dino fossils elicited significant interest
from the young-Earth creationists.

I bet the recent findings made them wet their pants - "Squishy dino pieces
preserved in fossils - now, every child knows that this means they couldn't be
older than a few weeks, or else all would've rotted away! Hallelujah!"

Rafal