[extropy-chat] Re: In defense of moral relativism

Giu1i0 Pri5c0 pgptag at gmail.com
Wed May 4 06:34:03 UTC 2005

Mike, I think you are so staunchly against moral relativism because
you perceive it as something lefty.
But note that historically the Left has been very much against moral
relativism: accept moral relativism, and you weaken the power of the
State as you can no longer believe its claim to be the Guardian of the
Truth. I suspect many historic Left thinkers would have been against,
say, gay marriage.
Moral relativism has been introduced in the Left by relatively modern
thinkers who also believed in individual liberty and civil rights,
which you as a Libertarian should support.
G.