[extropy-chat] Moral relativism

Jef Allbright jef at jefallbright.net
Sat May 7 14:56:00 UTC 2005

ben wrote:

> These discussions are getting a bit too much for me - too abstract,
> too silly, too confused.

Yes, but we hope they lead to greater understanding.  Thank you for
posing the question, which at the lowest level may appear to be a simple
question of "right" and "wrong", while at the level of popular discourse
it may appear paradoxical as people ask themselves how they can possibly
decide which is morally correct, and at a higher level it may be seen
that the framing of the question is what limits our comprehension of
these issues.

> So what do the people here who call themselves moral relativists and
> moral absolutists think that Frank and Sue should decide?

Since I am neither a moral relativist nor absolutist, I'll withhold
further comment for now.

- Jef
http://www.jefallbright.net