[extropy-chat] Creating Transhumanity

spike spike66 at comcast.net
Sun May 8 04:24:32 UTC 2005

> bounces at lists.extropy.org] On Behalf Of Adrian Tymes
> So, out of curiosity, would anyone else like to speak up, and tell us
> how y'all interpet transhumanism and what you're doing to make it
> happen?

Money is what makes things happen, the only force that
we can always rely upon to make things happen.  Transhumanism
will not advance on collective will, self-sacrificing
volunteers, individual courage, any of that.  Transhumanism
will be advanced a bit at a time by making each piece of
the journey profitable.  Market forces will make it
happen.

Consider the small steps we have already made in the
transhuman direction: advanced medical technology, computers,
the internet, stem cell research, all that.  It only goes
forth when market forces push it forward.

Show them the money, they will come.