[extropy-chat] META: Proactive Posts vs. Underhanded Posts

Natasha Vita-More natasha at natasha.cc
Mon May 9 01:03:58 UTC 2005

At 07:28 PM 5/8/2005, you wrote:
>Natasha Vita-More wrote:
>
>>Friends,
>>
>>We are having a stream of posts that could be proactive and helpful in
>>getting people motivated to build projects to spread ideas about
>>transhumanism. This is a good thing.
>>
>>We are also having some underhanded posts which are insulting list
>>members.  This is not a good thing.
>>
>>This is a warning to all list posters that on this list, we do not allow
>>posters to make accusations using a broad stroke with an underhanded
>>approach.  If it continues, you will be asked to leave the list or
>>removed today.
>Sorry to be a pain over this, but I don't understand what precisely you
>are trying to say.
>What, for example, are "accusations using a broad stroke with an
>underhanded approach"?
>I'm not asking for quotes from posts you have seen here, but a fictitious
>example might be helpful.

Underhanded and overboard claims that are intended to insult list members.

Natasha

Natasha Vita-More
http://www.natasha.cc
President, Extropy Institute http://www.extropy.org
Founder, Transhumanist Arts & Culture http://www.transhumanist.biz

Knowledge is the most democratic source of power.  Toffler
If Aristotle were alive today he'd have a talk show. Leary