[extropy-chat] A Chilling Thought.

The Avantguardian avantguardian2020 at yahoo.com
Sun May 15 08:25:38 UTC 2005

--- Adrian Tymes <wingcat at pacbell.net> wrote:
> * I'd say "know", except that they may have heard of
> such things as
> investigation and research to dig up the truth.  But
> to them, these are
> remote abstractions that other people do, not an
> activity they
> themselves should undertake.  (Many even think they
> *can* not read up
> on things, after practicing for so long the mindset
> of letting their
> eyes glaze over and their minds tune out at the
> slightest hint of
> complexity.  Reacting to complexity with mental
> strategies to break it
> down into understandable parts is a learned art -
> one that some may
> have more of a genetic predisposition towards than
> others, but
> ultimately learned nonetheless.)

Do you really think that the rich are this stupid? How
did they get rich if this is the case? I suppose they
could have inherited it all but how would they keep
it, if they don't have the simple ability to process
information and think for themselves? Or are your
refering specifically to the "poor" religious right?

The Avantguardian
is
Stuart LaForge
alt email: stuart"AT"ucla.edu

"The surest sign of intelligent life in the universe is that they haven't attempted to contact us."
-Bill Watterson

Yahoo! Mail