Stem Cell politics was Re: [extropy-chat] Proposal: was-AChilling Thought.

The Avantguardian avantguardian2020 at yahoo.com
Wed May 18 23:09:13 UTC 2005

--- Brett Paatsch <bpaatsch at bigpond.net.au> wrote:

> I want to give The Avantguardian a chance to plug
> therapeutic cloning
> if he wants too.  But if he doesn't want to and you
> are interested I
> will.

      I have been tied up in meat space of late, but I
have been drafting an essay entitled "Why Threapeutic
Cloning is a Blessing and not Murder". As a testament
to your prescience, both you and Mike have been able
to anticipate many of the arguments I raise. In any
case, do not let my temporary absense hold up the
discussion. I will post the essay when I am done for
feedback, but as I have been told before, posting
pro-cloning opinions here are "preaching to the
converted". Even Mike's biggest objection to
therapeutic cloning seems to be that he will have to
help pay for it. In light of this, I am spinning the
essay toward "average christian folk". Any ways, take
care.

The Avantguardian
is
Stuart LaForge
alt email: stuart"AT"ucla.edu

"The surest sign of intelligent life in the universe is that they haven't attempted to contact us."
-Bill Watterson

Yahoo! Mail