[extropy-chat] Stem cell breakthrough claims

John K Clark jonkc at att.net
Sat May 21 15:53:51 UTC 2005

"The Avantguardian" <avantguardian2020 at yahoo.com>

> Does it bother anyone else that S. Korea is
> establishing itself as the world leader in this
> technology while the most "modern" country in the
> world wrings its hands in moral reflection?

It's interesting that the South Korean's accomplished what they have and
spent only $200,000 a year; but then they were not encumbered by Christian
fundamentalists. In 1993 the USA spent 9.2 million a year on "bioethics
research" and people were complaining that Japan only spent one percent as
mush and the Koreans even less, I guess that means we're 100 times as moral
as they are. I don't know how much taxpayers money is spent on the bioethics
industry today, probably 10 times what it was in 93.

   John K Clark