[extropy-chat] Original Sin was Bioethics Essay

The Avantguardian avantguardian2020 at yahoo.com
Tue May 24 18:14:00 UTC 2005

--- Dirk Bruere <dirk at neopax.com> wrote:
 As for knowledge no longer being a sin,
> that's something that
> does not follow from your assumption, any more than
> a robber being
> pardoned makes robbery acceptable.

The knowledge itself was not the sin, eating the
forbidden fruit to gain the knowledge was the sin. So
we are forgiven for eating the fruit and the knowledge
is now ours to do with as we please. So I guess using
your robber example, we got pardoned THUS we get to
keep the goods we stole. That is my interpretation.

The Avantguardian
is
Stuart LaForge
alt email: stuart"AT"ucla.edu

"The surest sign of intelligent life in the universe is that they haven't attempted to contact us."
-Bill Watterson