[extropy-chat] Thanks Damien (was Bioethics Essay- Revised)

Mike Lorrey mlorrey at yahoo.com
Wed May 25 04:16:51 UTC 2005

--- The Avantguardian <avantguardian2020 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> --- John K Clark <jonkc at att.net> wrote:
> >
> > I figure that any essay that seriously proposes that
> > the above might be
> > worthy of further investigation could not possibly
> > contain anything of
> > interest to me; it confirms my long held suspicion
> > that anything a ethicist
> > has to say, especially a biotechnology ethicist, is
> > either blindingly
> > obvious or wrong.
> >
> > By the way, I have two soles, one on each foot.
> >

> Sheesh. I write one essay and suddenly I am a
> bioethicist. THAT version of the essay was meant for
> xians not transhumanists. I have a transhumanist
> version coming soon. And congratulations on having
> both feet.

Ghu forfend that a fellow extropian should get off his petard and lift
a finger for la causa. Good work on the essay, and don't listen to
these clowns.  We need more essays, more articles, demonstrators,
activists, lobbyists and campaign contributors.

Mike Lorrey
                                      -William Pitt (1759-1806)
Blog: http://intlib.blogspot.com