[extropy-chat] Pearson: Conventional telecoms is obsolete

kevinfreels.com kevin at kevinfreels.com
Wed May 25 22:57:13 UTC 2005

I have VoIP for my mortgage office for both fax and phone lines. I have used
it for six months now and I have never had a problem with it. I do pay an
extra $6.95 month for a 512k upstream connection while the regular rate is
for a 256k upstream connection. You may want to see what your upstream is.
Some cable connections have excellent downstreams for advertising their
service while their upstream is lousy. Also, many ISPs have been known to
interfere with VoIP service on occasion.
Whatever the case, I have not had the difficulties many have expressed with
VoIP and I have three computers sharing that same connection. With VoIP I
have managed to cut my regular $350+ month phone bill to just $60 so I am a
BIG fan.